My latest release of PoshPAIG includes some new features such as:
- New UI Design to make it look cleaner
- More reporting options
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Check for stopped services set to Automatic
- Options window to change some basic settings
I have plans for more updates to make this even better such as:
- Changing the PSJobs to runspaces for performance increases when running actions
- Make the report UI more flexible to allow service starts
- various bug fixes/feature requests
- Allow for downloading and installing of patches for systems that use Windows Update instead of WSUS servers
- Optional credentials (for psexec) to handle non-domain systems
Give it a download and let me know what you think!
thanks for the nice tool, i like the way you use XAML based GUI to build the tools.
Even i prefer this method compared to WinForms or Show-UI.
Read your article on setting up runspace pool as compared to jobs, just loved it, am preferring runspace pool more now compared to jobs 🙂
I am building a sample GUI which takes a txt file and reads computer name and populates a list.
assume that i have a run button, when user clicks the ‘run’ button
1. it will go through the list of servers and perform some activity, i am using runspace for this.
2. but, it doesnt give the control back to the gui and kind of feels frozen, i also read your hey scripting guy blog which states that you use jobs to workaround the UI freeze issue.
can you eloborate more on this?
i implemented runspace and want to use the progressbar to update the status based on the job that is running.
appreciate your help, thanks PoshUser